R.S.I. COULD END YOUR CAREER…AND YOU’VE PROBABLY NEVER HEARD OF IT.
R.S.I., or Repetitive Strain Injuries affect hundreds of thousands of American workers every year, one type of which you probably have heard of, or worse experienced…carpal tunnel syndrome. Here’s some sobering stats we discovered:
- The average hairdresser makes 5,000 wrist rotations per day.
- There are 849,000 new cases of carpal tunnel syndrome every year.
- 7% hairdressers will develop RSI during their career.
- 500,000 of those cases are so bad they require surgery.
- Woman are 3x more at risk.
The fix? Proper training…ergonomically correct tools, such as those from ERGO and make sure to take breaks during the day!
Read more on Healthday.com