What Mark Leeson doesn’t know about hair isn’t worth knowing. The multi-award winner is not only a Global Creative Ambassador for Goldwell, he sits on the International Color Zoom judging panel and will be scrutinizing each and every entry that comes in this year. Whether you’re looking for a career boost or a shot at international stardom, here’s what you need to do to impress him:
- Think about the total look, not just hair colour and style. If you get to the finals, you will be judged on your entry from head to toe.
- When creating your photographic entry, make sure you can bring the look to life again at the live finals.
- Choose a model that has the ability to wear the finished look with confidence.
- Your look should completely embody the D!SRUPT trend – aim to take the judges into that entire world!
- The main thing that the judges will be looking for is your ability to adapt a trend, but also create individuality within your total look.
Still weighing up whether you want to enter? Mark shares his top three reasons to take that leap:
- The moment in the spotlight – the PR coverage both you and your salon will receive if you make it to the Global Finals in Stockholm will be immense!
- The confidence boost – completing and submitting your entry will not only get the creative juices flowing, it will help you realise just how capable you are. Formulating a unique look from start to finish and putting it out there can really help focus your ambition, especially if you make it to the final stages.
- International recognition – if you make it to Global Zoom, there will be countless opportunities to forge relationships with like-minded Goldwell stylists from around the world.