During the winter months, not only do we have to deal with the elements robbing our hair of its essential moisture, but we also are damaging with any of the other root causes of excessively dry hair.
- Over-washing or using a harsh shampoo strips away your hair’s natural oils
- Blow drying your hair too often — especially when you apply alcohol-based styling products first
- Using heated hair straighteners or curling irons
- Exposing your hair to lots of sun, wind, or dry air
- Applying chemical treatments, including dyes, perms, and relaxers
What to do about it? Bear in mind that the actions and environments mentioned above are taking away from your hair…so make sure you’re putting what was taken out back in!